Businesses and Industries in Downer's Grove, IL
Downer's Grove is a village in the west suburban area of Chicago. The town has plenty to offer its residents, including family activities, outdoor recreation, and many opportunities for work. For those who are looking for employment Downers Grove offers an abundance of jobs in all industries.
There are now over 500 businesses operating in the city including restaurants, grocery stores, banks, legal offices, gyms, and more. The local economy thrives on tourism as well as industries like manufacturing and transportation.
Some of the well-known companies here are:
- Big Lots is a discount retailer that offers goods at low prices. They are most well known for offering furniture, housewares, decor and more. Their store in Downers Grove is located on Ogden Avenue.
- Einstein Bros Bagels opened its first location in the area in 2001 at 235 Ogden Ave. This bagel shop serves made-to-order breakfast and lunch options, including a wide variety of bagels, sandwiches, and coffee.
- Sam's Wine & Spirits is a popular bar that offers both spirits and wine from around the world. Located at 986 Burlington Ave., this business has been operating in the area since 2001. In addition to their drinks, customers can also enjoy a rotating food menu.
- Subway is a popular sandwich franchise that has been operating in town since 2005. In addition to serving sandwiches, this business also offers salads, snacks, and beverages.
The largest industry in Downer's Grove is the transportation industry as it accounts for over 600 jobs here at businesses such as:
- Ruan Transportation Management Systems is a leading provider of transportation and logistics services for businesses.
- Wabash National manufactures a variety of vehicles, trailers and equipment for the transportation industry. They've been in Downers Grove since 2003.
- Farr Company has been supplying vehicle parts to the rail construction industry since 2004. This business offers engines, axles, gears, brake shoes and more for locomotives.
- MDT Trap Rock has been operating in Downers Grove since 1989. Their products are used by the transportation industry as well as at airports, railways, roads and bridges. This business specializes in crushed stone, sand, gravel and asphalt materials.
-Jobe Concrete & Construction is another business that operates in Downers Grove and is involved in the transportation industry. This business has been operating here since 2003 and offers a range of construction services including grading for all purposes, curbs, sidewalks, driveways, site preparation, and more.
- Riegel Paper Company has been supplying customers with paperboard packaging products from their Downer's Grove location since 1990. This business offers folding cartons and corrugated shipping containers, as well as protective packaging and more.
- SEFCU is a credit union that has been operating in Downer's Grove since 2003. Their services include checking accounts, mortgages, auto loans, and home equity lines of credit.
The biggest employer in Downer's Grove is Elmhurst Memorial Hospital with over 1,000 jobs available. This hospital offers patients a variety of services such as primary care and wellness, mental health and addiction recovery services, acute care and surgery, women's health and maternity care, pediatric services, and more.