Can Chiropractors Help In Dealing With Migraine?
There are 37M people across the United States who are silently battling migraines, limiting their productivity and performance by 80%. The throbbing pain, nausea, blurred vision, or specific pain in your neck and eye caused by a severe headache can be disturbing for your daily routine.
While there are several effective treatments and medications to help you deal with this deliberate pain, regular painkillers' regular intake will most likely affect your pain tolerance. Soon your body may require a higher dose as the previous one won't ever be sufficient. With Chiropractic treatment, migraine can be reduced or eliminated over time.
It's one of the best and promising solutions to help people suffering from total discomfort discover ways to deal with migraines and allow you to live every day and a healthy life. You may think that chiropractic treatment is just for spinal adjustments, but there are tons of health benefits people can take advantage of for every adjustment.
What Is Chiropractic Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment or adjustment is a method used by trained specialists, also known as chiropractors, who use hands (or sometimes small equipment) to apply controlled pressure or sudden pressure to your spinal joint. The spinal manipulations goal is to help patients improve their spinal motion while enhancing their physical functions.
While most people associate chiropractic adjustments with lower back pain and other medical issues related to their lower back, there's more to what chiropractic adjustments than that. Several health benefits are present with the procedure, including severe headache and migraine relief.
Since chiropractors specialize in reducing and eliminating neuromuscular disorders, specifically with spine manipulation, treatment for headaches and migraine is part of the new practice with the process. If you have been suffering from migraines for a long time or recently, you can check how the process will help eliminate or improve your current health condition.
- Spinal adjustments and manipulation is not only applied to improve your medical condition but provides awareness to patients about their health.
- Chiropractic treatments can help restore your previous structural integrity through spine manipulation.
- The process helps reduce pressure active on your neurological tissues to help improve individuals' health.
Your accountability with your health as chiropractors helps you regain your physical strength and function healthily through proper exercise, therapies, and ergonomic treatment against pain associated with spinal manipulation.
Chiropractors use different nonsurgical treatments on their patients based on the severity of pain and the most appropriate adjustments to treat ailments such as:
- Severe headache and migraines
- Repetitive strains
- Neck pain
- Lower back discomfort
- Sciatica or leg pain
- Arthritic pain
- Injuries caused by accidents
- Sports injuries
Chiropractic treatment primarily focuses on neuromusculoskeletal disorders. However, chiropractic specialists don't limit themselves to musculoskeletal and nervous system issues.
Based on your illness's severity, a chiropractor may refer you to another specialist should the condition not alleviate. However, with much positive feedback from this practice, more and more people embrace spinal manipulation benefits and effects.
Being able to return or restore your current health condition and enjoy 'normal' activities is one of your primary goals. There's no harm in trying this type of medical practice as it helps most patients dealing with several health issues, especially severe headaches and migraines.
Can A Spinal Misalignment Cause Migraine?
For most people suffering from migraine and severe headaches, your physical and routine activities can be compromised. These health issues are harrowing, wildly throbbing pain, regardless of the medication, lifestyle changes, and improved diet.
- Migraine and severe headache cause pulsing on a particular area of your head, and throbbing pain is also associated with light sensitivity, vomiting, and nausea. Several types of migraines are accompanied by light flashes, tingling on your legs or arms, and blind spots.
Migraine can last for hours or extended time. If you are one of those patients suffering migraines and do home remedies, take over the counter painkillers and various treatments but don't seem to work well. It would help if you tried to reconsider chiropractic treatment and spine manipulation.
Chiropractic care is gaining popularity, not because of excellent marketing strategies alone but positive feedback from previous patients who were suffering from headaches and migraines.
- When your spine is not correctly functioning, it can cause added pressure to the nervous system. The pressure often results in various symptoms, such as severe headaches and migraines.
- Most chiropractors believe that spinal manipulation and adjustments help reduce or alleviate pain from people suffering from this condition.
- With proper care, headache and migraines can be eliminated.
Common Migraine and Headache Symptoms
- Suffering from severe discomfort and pain around your sides, front, back, or top of the head.
- The ache radiates to your eyes and face.
- Fatigue, visual disturbance, nausea, ringing ears, and balancing problems.
Most people suffering from migraines and severe headaches find comfort and relief from prescription bills or OTC medications, physical therapy, cutting nerves, nerve blocker injections, and more.
If you think that migraine and headache are natural ways for your body to signal discomfort or illness, they should not be experienced regularly. These discomforts are your body's sign that something is not right. To reduce or eliminate this issue, you need to understand that proper treatment is necessary and should be practiced at all times.
Headache and migraine are caused by three major factors: spine misalignment, dietary deficiency or toxicity, and dehydration.
To help patients treat and eliminate migraine and headache is to understand the underlying condition and cause. While not everyone is aware, spinal misalignment is a major cause of migraine and severe headache. The misaligned spine can cause pain by adding pressure or irritating your nerves that send signals through your spine to your head or face region.
Booking an appointment with a reliable and trusted chiropractor like Dr. Zachary Langgle of Prime Health + Wellness can help you deal with any underlying problems and potential solutions.
Should I Book An Appointment To A Chiropractor With A Severe Headache?
With regular chiropractic treatment from Prime Health + Wellness, migraine and severe headache can be reduced or eliminated. Most people deal with occasional headaches, but once you start experiencing headaches and the pain develops into migraines, then it's for you to be more cautious with what you take and do. Booking an appointment with chiropractic care is the first step; your specialist will first evaluate your condition and distinguish the level of severity.
First, you need to understand and classify the type of pain you have. The most common headache varies from migraine, tension, and cervicogenic headache.
- Migraine headache - It is commonly identified as a throbbing pain on one side of your head associated with light sensitivity, balance problems, vomiting, or nausea.
- Tension-Type headache - This type of headache is traditionally more of a band-like pressure around your head.
- Cervicogenic Headache - This type of headache is from the neck, and discomfort is perceived in various areas around your face or head.
While there are various causes of common headache and migraine, family history, stress, and health issues are common factors.
Can Spinal Manipulation Help with Migraine?
Chiropractic care has proven efficacy when it comes to dealing with headaches and migraines. When you first visit Dr. Langgle, he assesses your condition and checks your health and medical history to understand the treatment needed fully.
Prime Health + Wellness will diagnose and help manage the pain. There is tons of evidence on how chiropractic care helps alleviate pain and discomfort associated with migraine and headache. The process, including manual therapy, can effectively treat tension and cervicogenic headaches.
Various studies back up chiropractic efficacy with migraine treatment. The process helps reduce the frequency and migraine intensity.
- Manual therapy
- Awareness and change of lifestyle
- Modalities such as acupuncture, electric stimulation, and ultrasound
- Soft tissue therapy
- Co-management and referral
Headache and migraine must not be procrastinated as it can be a significant symptom of a severe disorder when taken for granted. You can reconsider visiting a chiropractor if headache frequency and severity continue to be perceived even under medications and regular checkups.
Dr. Langgle can provide suggestions on whether you need to seek serious attention based on migraine intensity and pattern.
Spinal Manipulation Over Migraine: Is It Effective?
When you experience migraines, the cranial blood vessels expand (vasodilation). In contrast, the same blood vessels become narrow (vasoconstriction) during regular headaches. The surrounding tissues on your brain are swollen and painful.
Few people experience migraines and get the tool of it with light and visual sensitivity and nausea.
Chiropractic treatment is one of the most effective ways to reduce the occurrence of migraine, alleviate severity, and at some point, for most people suffering, complete elimination.
Chiropractic treatment and care for migraines effectively work in various methods such as:
- It helps you identify the underlying cause of your headache to help prevent occurrence.
- It helps to develop and strengthen your muscles, which supports your spine
- It helps unlock and reveal your body's potential associated with healing
- it helps restore the average circulation of your blood
- It reduces or alleviates muscle tension that traditionally causes migraine headaches
- It decreases nerve irritation, which causes pain or puts pressure on the nerves signaling your brain
- It helps restore the proper communication of your nervous system with good spine alignment
With chiropractic care's effectiveness over a migraine and severe headache, people are still skeptical about the procedure as most want to see promising results. Chiropractic care also treats conditions such as sciatic pain on your nerves and lower back pain. Over time, what you want is a total relief for illnesses and discomforts that hinders your productivity and performance,
Chiropractic treatments and spinal manipulations have tons of health benefits for those who want to reconsider it. The primary goal of chiropractic adjustments is to provide optimum relief against discomfort associated with spinal misalignment and other neuromuscular issues. This non-surgical procedure is gaining the trust of patients who want an alternative to their pain.